Friday, March 11, 2016

Fire

What if God wants me to get fired?  What if He wants me to share Jesus so clearly to my classes that I get fired.  I've wrestled with this for some 28 years and have tried to get close to getting fired and have said enough to get myself fired many times.  I've even shared Jesus plainly with my classes before, but that was years ago.  This past many years I've tried to keep my comments brief to avoid conflict... but what if God wants me to get fired?  What if He wants me to lay down my job for my students as a demonstration of just how much God loves them and me.  Shouldn't I be willing to lay down my job when Jesus was willing to lay down His life.  Have I been kidding myself all these years?  Around this world Christians are dying for Jesus, shouldn't I be simply willing to lay down my job for Him.  Then I think if I'm not there, how can that be a good thing for my students.  I simply need to obey Jesus and let Him direct my path.  "The mind of man plans his ways, but the LORD directs his paths."  I am struggling with this and praying about this.  My wife and I are talking and praying about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment