Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

About 2000 years ago, a little baby boy was born.  Angels heralded His birth.  Prophecies were fulfilled.

He grew to become a man.  His first miracle was turning water to wine.  He healed the blind with a word.  By a touch of love, He healed people covered with leprosy.  He healed the lame and paralytic.  He healed the demon possessed.  He raised the dead.  He fed 5000 men with 5 small loaves and 2 small fish and there were 12 basketful of left overs.  He walked on water.  He calmed the wind and the waves with a command.  He healed a man with a shriveled hand.  He healed many people spiritually by forgiving them of their sins.

He was not just a good person or a great teacher.

He claimed to be the SON of GOD.

He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes unto the Father but by ME."

He is a person of history.  Jesus did walk on this Earth.

He was either a liar, lunatic or He is LORD.

These miracles where witnessed by 100s and 1000s of people.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him, will not parish, but will have everlasting life."

Jesus said, "I have come to give life and to give it abundantly."

This abundant, eternal life starts at salvation.

"Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD."  The question is when and where will yours?  Will it be now in gratefulness and repentance, thanking Jesus for saving you from your sins and giving you eternal life?  Will it be at judgment, in shame and horror, realizing that you are too late and your pride has eternally separated you from the love of GOD?

God loves you.  This is the first and most important relationship that any person can have, a relationship with Jesus.  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ His Son.

I need God's love, grace, power and forgiveness flowing through me, so that I can love others.

Jesus summed up all the commandments: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, souls, mind and strength.  Love you neighbor as yourself."

On this precious Christmas morning, I simply pray that anyone who reads this will come to a saving, loving, growing, empowering knowledge of God's Love for us.

I want to love my students, friends, family, strangers and even my enemies.  I know I can't do this in my own strength.  I know I will fail even with God's help because I still struggle with my selfishness and pride.  I am so thankful for God's love, forgiveness, grace, peace and patience.  The abundant life that GOD gives is found in loving HIM and through HIS love, loving and serving others.

So Merry Christmas!!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Day 25

No comments:

Post a Comment