Monday, December 30, 2013

Persistence

Persistence is one of the 16 Habits of the Mind... but I think it is one of the most important.  To persist means to keep trying... never give up... to keep working until the objective is accomplished.

When I give my students homework, I want them to practice persist.   I tell them that they will always get a problem wrong that they don't do.  What I praise the most and hold in highest esteem is persistence and hard work.

Persist is a character quality that can become a habit with practice, encouragement, effort and commitment.

I coached wrestling for years.  I worked my wrestlers hard in practice and marveled at their effort, determination and persistence.  Wrestlers are lousy quitters.

I want my students to become lousy quitters.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Day 30

No comments:

Post a Comment