Monday, April 28, 2014

Impossible

I worship the God of the impossible.  Nothing is impossible for God.  As Jesus standing outside the mouth of Lazarus's tomb said, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies."  Lazarus had been died for 4 days.  His sisters were more worried about the stench then anything else when Jesus asked the stone to be rolled away.  They believed that if Jesus had been there, their brother would not have died.  They believed Jesus could have done a miracle and they believed that Jesus would do miracles in the future... but they had a hard time believing Jesus was going to do a miracle right then.

I am the same way.  I think lots of us struggle with believing God is going to do a  miracle right now.  God was able to do miracles in the past.  God will do miracles in the future.  I believe God is doing miracles right now... whether or not He does is not up to me.  I just don't want to act like He can't do them or isn't going to do them.  I want to look for them.  I want to expect them.  I believe they are happening all around us all the time.

My life verses are Prov. 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path."

I struggle with actually trusting God with all my desires.  It sounds so ridiculous when I say that.  How can I not easily trust God with all my heart?  I know God is trustworthy.  Sometimes my head gets in the way of my heart.  I lean on my own understanding instead of simply trusting in the God of the impossible like a little child.

I think I too often pray for what I think can happen.  I want to pray for the impossible.  I want to see God do the impossible and praise Him.  "In my weakness, His strength is made perfect."  It is when we come to the end of ourselves that we experience God at a deeper level.  'God resist the prideful, but gives grace to the humble.'  I want to live like I really trust Him.  I want to live like I believe what I say I believe.

There are so many people all around me that need Jesus.  There are so many people all around this world that need Jesus.  Lord I pray for the revival of my heart... set it on fire for the lost I ask.  Give me the grace, love and courage to be Your witness.  I pray for revival at my school.  I pray for revival in our country.  I pray for revival around the world.  Break my heart Lord and get rid of all the worthless desires and help me to trust You with all my heart.  'Create in me a clean heart o Lord.'  Help me Lord to see Your miracles happening all around me and help me to PRAISE You with joy and enthusiasm.

I am nothing without You... but You amazingly want to use us to do Your good works.  Help me to walk in them and praise and honor and glorify and worship You.  You are NOT died.  You are alive and on Your throne.  You are at work.  You are sovereign.  You are Holy and I am not.  I am crushed by my unworthiness, sinfulness and selfishness.  I need Your touch to cleanse my heart.  Give me a burden for my students... each one.  Give me a burden for all of the students and adults at my school.  It scares me to ask this Lord because I don't know what will happen to me if You really answer my prayer.  There is a part of me that thinks I will be destroyed and so I have a hard time letting go of all my desires.  Help me Lord to be so overwhelmed by a burden for the lost that I lose my concern for myself.  Change me so You can use me to change others.  Changed hearts change lives.

Day 129

No comments:

Post a Comment