Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Saved

In a previous blog, I'm not sure which one, I asked for prayer about a student the counselor told me had serious issues.  She asked me to give him extra attention.  I even received at least one comment from a reader saying they were praying for him.  Well, today he told me that he got saved recently!  I was so excited.  I want to say thank you for your prayers.  Prayer does work.  I need your support in prayer and it is making a difference.  Praise God.

I plan on writing him a Bible verse each day.  I shared one with him today.  He was very happy about that.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

On the way to church this past Sunday, we were listening to a Christian radio program and they were talking about praise.  The speaker mentioned a book by CS Lewis on praise.  I can't remember the title.  But Lewis wrote about how praise went along with enjoyment and how to fully enjoy something, we need to share our joy with others.  It is simply not complete praise when we don't share it with others.  He sighted the example of watching an exciting football game.  When your team wins, it is so much more fun to celebrate the victory with others.  In the same way, we need to celebrate God with others to fully praise Him.  It really blew me away... enjoy and celebrate with others... are two components of praise I hadn't thought of before.

Day 120

1 comment:

  1. May we make the most of every opportunity, deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him!! Pray for the Lord to use the verses to speak..

    ReplyDelete