Sunday, April 27, 2014

Slime and Chemistry Story

I don't remember hardly any of my teachers... but I do remember my chemistry teacher.  He was a great teacher.  He made the class fun and I learned a lot.

It was right after Christmas and I had gotten a can of 'Slime' in my stocking.  We were making plastics in labs in chemistry and I told my teacher about the slime I had gotten.  He was interested and asked me to bring in a small chunk of it.  The next day I did.  After a few days the teacher was giving a lecture.  He had his podium out and was sitting on a stool blabbing away.  He hardly ever did this.  As he lectured, he kept having to sneeze.  He was acting like he had a really bad cold but his face looked normal.  Then all of the sudden I realized what was going on.  He was going to use my slime!

I sat in the back of the class.  Everyone else had no idea what was going on and especially what was going to happen.  The teacher just kept talking and sneezing.  I was now paying attention, not to what he was saying but to what he was doing.  After several more agonizing minutes of lecturing and sneezing, he finally started making his move.  His hands disappeared inside his podium.  I knew they were getting ahold of the slime.  Then came the build up to a big, I mean really big sneeze and he raised his hands to cover his mouth.  I knew he had the slime in one hand.

Then, ATCHEW! and he flung the slime at the same moment, making it look like he had coughed up a chunk of his lung.  The chunk of green slime hit a girl, that sat in the front row, on her neck and bounced off landing on her desk.

SHE SCREAMED... like only girls can... and so did all the other girls in the class.  Then she bolted up out of her desk and ran out of the class.  She was instantly followed by all of the other girls.

All of the guys in the class were initially and briefly stunned.  Then we all laughed really hard for a long time.  I knew what was going to happen and I was still stunned.

The teacher laughed so hard he fell sideways, stool and all.  Like a giant fir tree, he crashed to the ground.  He just laid there laughing hysterically.  He finally pulled himself together and got up off the floor.  His face now looked like he had a cold as it was all flush and his eyes were puffing from crying.

It was just him and us guys in the class for several minutes.  We just kept laughing.  Finally the girls all came back into class in one large silent group.  They were not happy at all.  The teacher and all of us guys realized that we should stop laughing... but that just made it even funnier to all of us males.  So the rest of the class was either really funny or really annoying... it depended on your gender.

I think that chemistry teacher had an influence on me.  I want to enjoy my students, subject and life.

Day 128

No comments:

Post a Comment