Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Changes

I have so many students in my new first period class that are really struggling.  I decided I needed to create an easier perfect test so ALL of them have a chance to pass.  I told them about it today and we practiced similar problems today and I gave them a test at the end of the period.  8 of my students passed and got an 85 for their grade.  If they pass the tougher version I'll raise their score to 100.  They were very happy about this intermediate version and appreciated the possibility of being able to still get the 100.  I still need to take control of planning, writing tests and preparing for it.  My students will not be ready for their test this Friday.  I need to know what is going to be on the test much sooner then 3 days before the test.  I am happy about the changes and need to make more.

Also, I had 2 of my Algebra students pass their perfect test and now I am down to 9.  The test is on Ch 5 and is pretty tough.  I am excited to see all of them make.  I have about 10 versions and keep making more.  I really believe all of them will get a perfect score... I just don't know how long it will take... that's the problem!!

Day 78

No comments:

Post a Comment