Sunday, February 16, 2014

College

About a week ago, all classes showed a movie during 5th and 6th period.  It was about families with kids who were the first in their families to go to college.  School is important.  Education gives opportunity and the more education someone has, the more opportunities they will have.

My problem is trying to fit all students into one category... college graduate.  The reality is, not all students will even graduate from high school, let alone college.  Many of those that do graduate will have large debt.

I don't like the message that is being sent to students... which is, GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE OR BE A LOSER.

My dad didn't make it past 10th grade.  He still had an opportunity to live a good life.  I believe life is about relationships.  The most important one is our relationship with Jesus Christ.  I want all of my students to have a wonderful life.  They can even if they don't go to college.

Day 65

No comments:

Post a Comment