Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Reach

We are about 3 weeks into this second semester.  I have a new class first period and it is very challenging because most of the students in this class are not understanding the material, doing their homework well, correcting their mistakes... LEARNING.

I need to reach them before I can teach them.  There is so much that so many of them need to learn just to be able to learn the math.  All Course 3 teachers are giving a Perfect test on equation solving and all of my students failed the first one.  I will have several that will pass, but I am concerned that there are several that may never pass the perfect test or this class.

Changed hearts change lives.  I need to help these students change their heart and head.  I need to love them right where they are.  I need to value effort as much as understanding.  I need to breathe courage into each of my students daily.  I need God's help, love, wisdom, grace and courage.  I so desperately want each of my students to learn, grow and succeed.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  What a wonderful promise from His word that I will cling to.

Day 70

No comments:

Post a Comment