Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hopeless

I had a student in a class tell me today that he didn't think he could learn how to do the material on the perfect test.  He looked like it.  He wasn't trying, paying attention, correcting his mistakes... nothing.  I need to get him to the place of believing and wanting.  Then I will have a chance to teach him.  In my first period class, I have so many students in this place... he is the extreme.

I need to reach so many.  They are not responding collectively to me.  I need to do more one on one to gain relationship, trust, belief and effort.

I am fighting feelings of hopelessness with my first period class.  I need to keep looking for strategies to succeed with more and more students.

They all need to feel loved and accepted.  They all need to succeed.

Day 77

No comments:

Post a Comment