Friday, January 24, 2014

All

'All means all, all of the time and that's all I got to say.'

Us Algebra teachers set a student goal this year of teaching our students linear functions.  We gave a pre-test early in the year and all of my students failed it.

Starting with the new semester next week, I am going to give the post-test once a week in class for three weeks.  After 3 weeks, they will have to take the test after school.  All of my students will be required to get all of the answers correct or they will earn a ZERO.  They can try twice a week on similar tests until they get all of the answers correct.  I will give them 100 if they get all the answers correct their first or second try.  After their second try, I will take 2 points off each time but will have a minimum score of 80.  

All of my students will get all of the questions correct.  When this happens I will reward all of them with cookies or donuts. This reward will cause positive peer-pressure to occur.  I have already seen this happen this year.  They will help, teach, encourage and correct each other.  They will celebrate success together when they all achieve perfect.

Set high bars for all and then instill systems to ensure success for all.

Day 55

No comments:

Post a Comment