Thursday, January 16, 2014

Response

Yesterday I had a student write me a letter thanking me for how I've helped her.  It was over a full page long and went into some detail explaining how she had struggled with school in the past.  She thanked me for my words of encouragement and life skills I had taught her.  She told me she was not going to make excuses anymore and that she was going to be a different person.  She knew she could and she said she was excited about her future.

I sat at my desk crying as I read her letter.  I want to be a part of having a positive impact on young people's lives.  I want to change lives.  I want the best for each of my students.  I can't change lives though.  What changes lives is Christ's love flowing through me.  I mess up every day.  But I get to try again the next day.  I need to focus on my goal: 'Love, encourage, exhort and challenge all of my students relentlessly and unconditionally.'

So many of my students have a need to be loved.  Life is all about relationships.  I can't love my students on my own.  I need God's help.  I need to return to the cross always to be filled with the love I need.

Day 47

No comments:

Post a Comment