Monday, January 13, 2014

Blechkk

I've been talking over the last several days about lots of successes.

Well... today wasn't one of those days.  Several of my students did a poor job on their homework.  When correcting, several of my students did a lousy job of correcting their mistakes.
When doing their homework, many of my students did a poor job of following direction.
When taking notes last Friday, many of my students must have done a poor job of taking notes.
When trying to talk to a struggling student one on one, this student simply blew me off about needing to improve in his effort saying, "I am doing better."  When I followed up with, "Can you do better?" he repeated, "I am doing better."  BLECHKK

Today was a day when I was glad it was over.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.  I need to be way more energized and not dwell on these negatives from today.  I can't change people.  There were a lot of students doing a great job.

I don't want to stay focused on the negatives.  "You will find what ever you are looking for."  I want to spend my energies looking the good in my students.

Day 44

No comments:

Post a Comment