Sunday, January 5, 2014

Delight

I enjoy vacation.  If you ask a teacher what the 3 biggest reasons for teaching are, you might hear, 'June, July and August' for the answer.  I really enjoy summer, but I also really enjoy teaching.  I love my job.  I enjoy my students.  There will always be things I loath about my job... but I don't want to dwell on those things.  There will always be things about my job that I think should change... but I want to focus only on what I can change.

My job is to help, enable, empower and motivate each of my students to improve, change and grow.  I want each of my students to KNOW that I care about them and REALLY ENJOY my job.  They know when a teacher likes and doesn't like their job.  They are so much more likely to do well in a class where the teacher actually wants to be there and really cares about their students.

When I meet someone and they find out that I'm a teacher, they always ask what I teach.  I tell them, "Students." or "Life." or even better "Students about life."

I am a math teacher and I'm passionate about it.  My passion is centered on my students and trying to teach them everything on my 4 posters(see Posters).  The math is simply the vehicle I have to use to teach life.

I want each of my students to do their very best this year.  I want them to learn enough this year to be successful next year in, not just their math class, but all of their classes.  I want them to learn enough of the concepts on my posters to be successful after school.

I want to passionately maintain laser focus to successfully teach life to all of my students so they can successfully live their lives.

I love my job!!  I had a great vacation.  I am looking forward to the rest of this school year and I seek God's blesses for myself and my students.  I need His love, grace and wisdom.

Day 36

No comments:

Post a Comment