Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Motivation

My principal put a copy of an article in my mail box at school to read.  It was about motivation.  In the article, students were asked to tell what motivated them the most.  The students named three main ideas.  They each dealt with the teacher.  They were: humor, love and that the teacher enjoyed what he/she was doing.  These resonate with me.  I want my students to laugh every day.  I want my students to feel loved every day.  I want my students to see that I truly enjoy being with them.

I fail so often at this.  It is my goal.  It is my compass.

Changed hearts change lives.

I plan on having a debriefing this Friday, the last day of this first semester.

I want to ask my students, for myself, what motivates them?  I want to read what they have to say.  I want to use their answers to help me be more successful.

Day 53

No comments:

Post a Comment