Thursday, January 23, 2014

Three and One

My students took their final the past two days.  My classes averaged about 84.5%.  My desire was 88%.  I thought the test was extremely easy, especially using a calculator.  This was the first test where my students got to use a calculator.  I was hoping the lowest grade would have been an 80%.

I spent a week reviewing for this final.  We did a multiple choice test for each chapter, each day, to prepare.  I wanted my students to not only review the content and skills in each chapter, but to also practice the behaviors of intelligence and problem solving strategies that are used to solve multiple choice questions.  Obviously my students have room for improvement and I am excited about that.

I had three students get a D on the final and one student got a F out of 58.  Two of these students are already in Lab and two are not but should be.  I need to figure out what I need to do to help these students, especially, and all of my students do better.  For the highly successful students, I need to figure out how to get them to do a better job of helping and teaching their neighbor.  For the middle to struggling student, I need to figure out how to get them to receive help from their neighbor and much more.

I feel like a good foundation has been laid for this next semester.  I am hopeful that I will see lots of growth.  I want all of my students to get at least 70% on the next test.  I want all of my students to get at least an 80% on the remaining tests.  THAT WOULD BE SO COOL.

I am planning on doing a brain storming activity around figuring out what we need to do to make this happen.

Day 54  

No comments:

Post a Comment