Thursday, January 9, 2014

Improvement

Improvement is a goal I have for myself.  Improvement is a desire I have for my students.  I can't make someone else improve... I have enough on my plate trying to get myself to improve.

I am continually amazed at how hard it is for many of my students  to improve.  I see students make the same mistakes since September!!!  I point out to them what they are doing wrong and explain and show what they need to do differently to get the problems correct.  It is January now and some of my students are still making 4 month old mistakes... brutal.

I need to love, encourage, exhort, challenge relentlessly and unconditionally.

I was reading about the Seahawks and one of the players was saying how important it is to always keep looking for ways to improve.  Never be content.  Never be complacent.  Never get to the place of thinking that your good enough.  I want to continue to try to instill this desire to improve and then the skills to improve in my students.  I will relentlessly keep looking for ways to be effective with more and more students.

Day 40

No comments:

Post a Comment