Friday, January 31, 2014

Nervous

I am having my Algebra students do a perfect test this semester.  The test is over linear functions.  They have to find slope, midpoint, distant, the equation of a line, X-int., Y-int., equation of a line parallel to a line through a given point and equation of a line perpendicular to a line through a given point.  If they make any mistake, no matter how small, they get a zero.  They will get a 100 if they get perfect their first or second try.  After that I will take off 2 points per try... so the student that passes on their 6th try say, will get a 92%.  This test is over Ch 5 material.  Our student goal was over this material.

I had a student that got an F on the chapter 5 test, that has already gotten a perfect test this week on the material over chapter 5.  She has shown great improvement the past few weeks.  She has really been positively impacted by my teaching her how to Learn Well and how to Learn from Mistakes.  I've written about these in previous blogs.  I talked to her later in the day after she had gotten her perfect score and she told me that she had been very nervous before the test.  I smiled and told her that she had finally committed emotionally to learning and was doing all three phases needed to learn well.  She smiled right back at me and agreed.

IT WAS VERY COOL.

Day 59

No comments:

Post a Comment