Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Victory

'Sara' is a student I have written about several times over the past few weeks. I talked with Sara today and asked her if her neighbor helped her yesterday.  She said that she wasn't that helpful.  I explained to her that I knew she had been trying lately and she was even showing lots of work, but she wasn't getting the problems correct.

I told her that it was fine to work the problems a different way, as long as she got the correct answer.  She has not been getting many right.  I encouraged her to follow my directions and see if it helps her be more successful.

Today she did.  It was very cool.  She was getting most of the problems right.  She still has lots of holes to fill, but as long as she stay coachable and follows directions, she will have her best chance of learning... today she seemed to realize this.

I talked with her after class and complemented her on being coachable and asked her if it made a difference.  Sara smiled and agreed that it did.  I had goose bumps... VICTORY!

Day 107

No comments:

Post a Comment