Saturday, March 8, 2014

Encouraged

A Christian has one purpose and that is to glorify God.  We do this by obeying Him.  We obey Him by loving Him and loving others.  We love others by encouraging and exhorting those who are Christians and sharing the Gospel, through word and deed, with those who are not Christians... yet.

I want to share the Gospel with each of my students.  Changed hearts change lives.  There is so much more I want to say to them everyday.  I tell them I'm praying for them.  I tell them others are praying for them.

I talk about spiritual truths with them regularly.  They often tell me that I should be a preacher or a motivational speaker.

This blog is helping me to formalize many ideas about teaching all of my students.  It also is a place to share out my successes and failures in class.  It also is a place where I can be transparent to anyone out there and give them a view into my world.  I am having great success with low students.  I still have many to reach.  I want to do my best with ALL of my students.  It is a hope of mine that this blog would motivate and help other teachers and parents.  It has only been since December that I've been blogging, but I have not received much encouragement via comments.  Recently, however, I have been receiving very encouraging comments and commitments to prayers for my students.  I have been very blessed by these.  As a teacher, I am continually trying to encourage my students.  Life has so many ways of sucking the courage out of us.  I try to breath courage into each of my students and then I tell them where my courage comes from... THE LORD.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  "In this world you will have tribulation, but do not fear, for I have overcome this world."

I just want to say, "THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT."  "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS."  As the body of Christ, we need each other.  I can do this alone and have... but it is amazing to have the prayers and encouragement of other I don't even know surrounding me and my students and lifting us up!!  May the Lord richly bless you.

Day 93

No comments:

Post a Comment