Sunday, March 2, 2014

Evaluation

I had my mid-year evaluation this past week.  I am so excited about the successes I'm having with my low Algebra students and that I'm down to only 7 that still need to get a perfect score on the perfect test for linear functions.  I kept waiting for my principal to bring it up, but the meeting came to an end and I had to remind him about my student goal.  Then he asked about it and I told him and he gave me a weak encouragement and really seemed indifferent about my success.  I left the meeting feeling frustrated and I am still trying to decide if I should talk to my principal about my concerns.

It just feels creepy telling him that I want him to do a better job of praising me... but I've told him about several of my successes with different struggling students and the response I keep getting is weak approval.  It feels like he is telling me with his actions to shut up and stop wasting his time with my lamb stories about these low kids.

I know in my heart that it doesn't matter what my principal thinks, but what God thinks.  I want to please God.  I want to glorify God.  I need God's help to reach and teach all of my students and I don't want to ever give up on any one of them.  I will bring donuts to each class when all of them have gotten  100% on their perfect test.  We will celebrate our success together and it really doesn't matter if my principal cares or not... but it would be nice.

Day 83

No comments:

Post a Comment