Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hard to Watch

My students will be taking their tests tomorrow.  In my first period class, I was disappointed that 10 students didn't do 7 problems I gave them for homework on their practice test.  I told them that if they won't take their practice seriously, it will be very hard for them to do well on their test.  This first period class is such a challenging class for me.  There are so many students that are very low and don't try much.  They probably don't try much because they are so low.  I have to keep encouraging them... but they will receive their poor grades they will earn.

My student 'Sara' was also frustrating to me today.  Her test is tomorrow and she was not doing some of the practice problems we were doing in class... WEIRD.  You can lead a horse to water...
I don't get why some of these low students act like they want to stay low... especially when they have experienced success.  I am praying for them.  I need to love them where they are and encourage, exhort, motivate, challenge and teach them to grow, learn and improve.

It is hard to see students continuously make poor decisions in the classroom.  They have the opportunity to learn, but some don't take advantage of it.  It is hard to watch.  I told them so today... 'Sara' knew she was one of the people I was talking about and seemed to not like hearing it.  I want to speak the truth in love, while at the same time... not judge any of them... IT IS HARD.

Day 108

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you today. My struggles are the same in the loving and speaking truth and trying not to judge department. May others show me mercy!!

    ReplyDelete