Sunday, March 16, 2014

Unwanted

How do you help somebody that doesn't want help?

Everyday I have students in this place.  It is so hard to see them be closed off to my help.  These students look bored, apathetic, and don't follow directions.  They fail to learn from their mistakes so they keep making them over and over.  It is hard to watch.

The people in your life... you want the best for them.  What do you do when you want it more than they do?

I need to keep loving, encouraging, exhorting, challenging and teaching them relentlessly and unconditionally.  How they behave can not keep me from doing what I know I need to do.  They need me to not give up.  They need me to believe in them even when they don't believe in themselves.  Their actions push me away but I need to keep trying.

I am not perfect... but it is hard to see a friend struggle.  I don't want to judge anyone.  We all make mistakes.  The most important thing for a Christian to be able to do is RUN BACK TO THE ARMS OF JESUS WHEN WE MESS UP.

The second most important thing to do is CONFESS AND FORGIVE OTHERS AS WE RECONCILE BROKEN RELATIONSHIPS.  It is pride and selfishness that keep us from doing these.  Help me to teach these to my students and encourage these in my friends and family.  I need to be a good example of these.  I need God's help to confess and forgive.

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things.  Love never fails."

Day 103

No comments:

Post a Comment