Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Excited

The student I've been writing about, Sara, in recent blogs, told me today that she was excited for her test today.  She smiled at me and told me that she looked forward to taking her test!!!  I can't believe the change I am seeing in this student.  It is like a fragile plant has suddenly taken root and a beautiful flower is blooming.  I told her that I was so proud of her.  I told her that I and others have been praying for her.  Now I just read an anonymous comment on my blog, telling me that they are praying for her and I am crying typing this.  I need prayer.  These students need prayer and love.  I can't do this in my own strength... I will fail... but... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  I hope and pray she does well enough to be happy with the score she gets but hungers to do even better on her next test.

This was such a low struggling student!  I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CHANGE I'M SEEING!!

PRAISE GOD.  He gets all the glory... I'll be more than content with the joy.

I went to the counselor's office today to tell her about this student I call Sara.  She couldn't believe it.  She thanked me for the good news for a change about a student and told me that she was going to call Sara's mom with the good news of her improvement.

This student, Sara, has had many physical and emotional challenges in her life.  She has lots of sets of capital letters in her file(like ADD).  She has had lots of reasons to fail in the past and has been good at using them to justify her failures.  HOWEVER, NOW, she is looking for ways to learn, succeed and grow... and she is.  In this life, you will find what ever you are looking for.  The challenge for us all is to look for the good.

Day 88

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact you let her know that you and others have been praying for her. I too shall pray for her. Not just for the math and communication issues she has, but that she might be curious about this "praying."

    ReplyDelete