Monday, March 10, 2014

Confession and celebration

There was a student in my first period class I was rude to last Friday.  I started off class today by apologizing to her.   She was surprised and quickly forgave me saying, "It was no big deal."  I told her that I was wrong and there was no excuse for my being rude to her.  I thanked her for forgiving me and reminded the entire class that my goal is to 'Love, encourage, exhort, challenge and motivate all of my students relentlessly and unconditionally.'  I told them that I was probably going to fail at this every day. But when I did, I want to be responsible and confess my mistake and ask for forgiveness.  I think a great way to teach confession and forgiveness is through example.

Also, today I brought in donuts for 2 of my classes.  They all are perfect on their linear functions test.  They were very happy and grateful.  Students kept telling me thank you throughout the period.  I told them I was very proud of their amazing accomplishment.  I reminded them that in November, 100% of them failed the test.  Now, 100% of them earned 100% on the test!!  Pretty cool!!

I have one student still left to pass.  She was at school today and we went over the concepts on the test. She will pass it soon and I can't wait for that.

Day 96

No comments:

Post a Comment